The Chronicles of a Compound House

 Ajeeii!! Alright, that scream startled me and for the past thirty minutes my eyes were finally peeled away from the novel I was reading with intensity. With my ears wide opened and pointed to the ceiling like an antenna pole searching for a signal... I listened attentively. 

When the screams reechoed..no one told me to rush outside leaving one sandal indoors and hitting my knee against the wall.. But who cared?  Kokonsa was bae! 

As usual.. It was Tsotsoo and her husband who had decided to entertain us since our lights had been off for three days... A small crowd had gathered to witness the fighting scene. This was one of the rarest moments one could not afford to miss.. No electricity.. No adverts... No data. Just pure and undiluted theatrical display of masculine strength against feminine oratory.


 https://images.app.goo.gl/UbPUb3xFmQJhAVQEA

In this sheer touch of physical war, one could even decide to be a character or an audience. The latter which I had eventually settled on. With a swollen knee... One sandal on the wrong foot.. A sudden growth of girrafic neck...mixed with curiosity and mingled down with anxiety and anticipation... I witnessed all to my relish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review -Humility-Defined and Made Practical

ADZE - Book Review

Rediscovery